The QR Code was invented by Japanese company Denso Wave Inc in 1994. It can store data efficiently and also handle scanning errors due to the Reed-Solomon error correction. The QR Code is one of the most popular two-dimensional barcodes. There are many QR Code generators and readers available for smartphones and as online tools.
Scan QR Code from image file
QR Scanning results
- QR Code is an abbreviation of Quick Response code.
- It is a two-dimensional barcode, invented in 1994 by the Japanses company Denso Wave.
- A QR Code can operate in four modes: numeric only, alphanumeric, binary or kanji/kana. The storage capacity depends on the mode and the amount of error correction.
- QR Codes use the Reed-Solomon error correction algorithm. Four levels are available. The higher the error correction level, the less storage capacity.
- The use of QR Code technology is freely licensed as long as users follow the standards for QR Code documented with JIS or ISO.
QR Codes are frequently used occasionally in geocaching mystery caches (puzzle caches), CTFs and logic puzzles.
The QR code above translates to https://www.boxentriq.com.