Information that you give us
At the beginning of the game you are asked to give a name under which you wish to be known to us as a player. We do this to provide a personalized game experience. It is stored only on your local device and it does not even have to be your real name. It will not affect game play or impair your game experience.
In some countries, any collection of data on persons under a certain age is restricted by law. Should we find that a user is not of the applicable legal age, we could not legally continue our services. We reserve the right in such an event to permanently terminate a game account, with no rights to any refunding.
Information that we collect
When you use Boxentriq website or app, we automatically collect information including:
- Usage Information: We collect usage information from within the Boxentriq app such as time spent, levels completed and hints viewed.
- Log Information: For diagnostic and security purposes we collect information on gameplay and errors, or other unusual events.
- Support history: We record, analyze and retain all support dialogues to improve our services. Any personal information you may have provided to enable us to successfully deal with support issues is pseudonymized upon completion of the issue and can then no longer be attributed to a specific user.
- Device Information: We collect statistics about devices used to access the Boxentriq app.
- Payment Transaction Information: We collect in-app payment receipts to fulfil our delivery of services purchased.
Processing of personal data is carried out in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which applies in the EU from May 25, 2018. If required by law, we will obtain consent before initiating any processing of anyone´s personal data.
We use, store, and process the information collected to provide, understand, improve, and develop the Boxentriq game, detect fraud, abuse and security incidents, and to comply with our legal obligations.
Our use of personal information is limited to the delivery of our products, supporting the use of them, or performing such other services or tasks deemed necessary to develop our products and maintain a legitimate and appropriate use of them.
Sharing and disclosure
We do not share information about you with third parties unless necessary to provide, understand, improve, and develop the Boxentriq game, or to detect fraud, abuse, and security incidents, and to comply with our legal obligations.
You may exercise any of the rights described below by using the game’s Message Centre found under OPTIONS. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request. By clicking “Forget me”, you can at any time delete any information identifying you, whether given by you, or collected by us during game play or resolving support issues.
Rights that you may have, depending on the country in which you live, include:
- Accessing, correcting, updating, or requesting deletion of your information.
- Objecting to processing of your information, asking us to restrict processing of your information, or requesting the portability of your information.
- Withdrawing your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your information with your consent. Withdrawing your consent will, however, not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we have done prior to your withdrawal.
- Complaining to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
You can enter a random name or pseudonym when asked for your first name. It will not have any impact on the game.
You can disable cookies, but since cookies are necessary to provide the game experience, you will not be able to complete the game.